2018/2019 Children’s Classes:
Our Preschool to Grade 12 classes started on September 8, 2018, but we are accepting new students throughout the year!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on late registrations.
PRESCHOOL – GRADE 12: Please complete forms 1-4 and keep form 5 for your records.
(The forms can be completed electronically by using the “Fill & Sign” feature in the right column of Adobe Reader and saving them to your computer)
We offer Beginner Classes for 11-13 year-olds:
- Are you between 11-13 years old and/or a Grade 6, 7 or 8 student interested in learning German? Start with our Grade 7 beginner class and we will help you achieve your language goals!
- Stay with us and receive your Alberta High School Credits!
- Are you interested in studying or working in Germany for your post-secondary education? We offer the internationally recognized German Language Diplomas Level 1 & 2!
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR OUR 2018/2019 CHILDREN’S CLASSES:
PRESCHOOL – GRADE 12: The following classes are offered from September 2018 to June 2019 on Saturdays, 9:30am-12:45pm:
- Preschool (for 3-4 year olds)
- Kindergarten to Grade 12
We offer our students:
- Alberta High School Credit where applicable
- Internationally recognized Deutsches Sprachdiplom (German Language Diploma Levels I and II): includes class and exam preparation
- Instruction by qualified teachers and native speakers
- Use of our library
Fees for our 2018/2019 Children’s classes are outlined below: (please note that fees may change for next school year)
- Preschool: $480
- Kindergarten: $520
- Grades 1 to 6: $545
- Grades 7 to 12: $655
- Opt-out fee for AGM: $50
- Opt-out fee for volunteering: $200
How do I get my child started at German School?
You don’t need to be German, Austrian or Swiss!
Most students start in preschool, kindergarten or grade 1, but beginners can be accommodated up to and including grade seven.
Even if you can already speak German, this is your chance to learn to read and write it, and receive Alberta High School Credit!
It is often possible to sign up part way through the school year, especially if your child already speaks German, but needs to work on reading and writing.